Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was relatively low key (imagine that) - probably the last one like this before our sweet little gem arrives! And by low key I mean no SET plans -- only somewhat fun stuff! Maybe we can squeeze in one more?!? Please?!

We started off Friday with a double date....with my parents. Funny, we have been married for almost 3 years, and together for over 6 - yet we have never done that with them. Never gone to dinner or a movie without the entire rest of the family too - it was so much fun. Way too many laughs. To the point we were almost certain I would go into labor early just because we were laughing so hard.

We had a FABULOUS dinner at Red Elephant - probably, hands down, one of my favorite places for casual dining. The food is ALWAYS delish. Try it if you have not - you are missing a big piece of your life if you haven't - I assure you.
We followed up dinner with a movie.

Courageous. Which was such a refreshing change from regular movies at the theater -- this one actually has a WONDERFUL message - is an AWESOME challenge to dads -- and was just a roller coaster of emotions! From cracking up laughing to crying to laughing all over again. It was SOO good, in fact, that I didn't even get up to pee the entire time. THAT, my friends, means it was a good movie! :) Go see it.

Saturday we had a few errands to run, and wanted to squeeze in some baby love with the newest member of the Price family. We started off the morning at the farmers market (downtown) -- and can I just say, I will NEVER pay grocery store prices for produce again!
Nate and I decided we will make this a weekly trip! It made us both want to eat more veggis! (I always have a hard time getting Nate to do this - so YEA! Farmer's market!)
We were able to score 2 heads of romaine lettuce, 2 cucumbers (the size of your arm), clementines, celery, carrots, green beans, onions, tomatoes, and bananas all for $15! I would spend over $30 - maybe almost 40 in the grocery store for the same amount of produce. It's a shame! (Nate would probably also like me to mention he spent $3 for a HUGE bag of boiled peanuts that he was still munching on during the game on Sunday!) It could have been the fact that the WEATHER was absolutely GORGEOUS on Saturday - it only added to our wonderful experience! Hopefully when Skylar gets old enough to "pick" her own food - going to a place like this will make her want to eat all kinds of yummy things!

Did I mention that most of the people selling things have "samples" of their fresh fruit?? I tried pomegranate. Yum! Wierd - because I still don't understand how you would feel like it was a filling "snack" - but it was still delish!

We tried a new restaraunt - The Crazy Egg (thank you Living Social for the half off deal) - it was fabulous! I had a WONDERFUL Cuban sandwich - and - (bad, I know) French Fries -- extra CRISPY French Fries -- it was soo yummy. And Nate had french toast and bacon. (Might I add this was "lunch" at 2pm on Saturday?) His was delish too -- Big fluffy bakery FRENCH bread French Toast -- not your average bear! :)

We spent some time getting some baby love - from a super sweet 4 week old -which only added to Nate's excitment for HIS turn to be a dad. I know he is going to be FABULOUS! I can't wait to see him holding Skylar!

Then went home and cooked homemade chicken pot pie -- with all our yummy fresh veggis! It was wonderful! (I think I posted the recipe I "created" during a random attempt at artistry in the kitchen) This is now one of Nate's favorites.

Sunday was really low key, church, lunch at Moe's (because that is where we always go on Sundays - we have become regulars) - quick trip to Publix and then home to relax.
After our walk last night though, Nate and I decided we needed to start working with the dogs on not getting so excited when we walk through the door - in preparation for the Bean's arrival....to which we decided to pull out the old cabbage patch Nate bought me when we first started dating...
Nate carried it around for a while, talking to the dogs like they completely understood him, telling them how they would be getting a baby sister, and they could not lick her or be loud etc....I was dying. This little girl can't get here quick enough for him. Its precious.

Here is Nate with his "practice" baby - please note - she does have curly brown hair, dimples and blue eyes - exactly what he thinks Skylar will look like. What a funny guy.


Happy Monday!

No comments: