Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Babymoonin'

What is a babymoon?

More recently the term has come to be used to describe a vacation taken by a couple that is expecting a baby in order to allow the couple to enjoy a final trip together before the many sleepless nights that usually accompany a newborn baby.

Babymoon can also be used for a trip taken by a couple even before they get pregnant. As long as the trip is intended to be a final romantic fling before venturing into parenthood, the term babymoon applies.

Thank you Wikipedia.


Don't you love that it sounds like once you take this LAST FINAL trip as a couple - you will have a baby and your life will be OVER? I just can't wait. :) ha!

Nate and I had a baby-babymoon this past weekend. We didn't go far - but we DID go to one of our favorite places. Fernandina Beach. We didn't get there until around 5 on Friday - so the weekend felt EXTREMELY short - but it was still so nice to be AWAY even if it was just for two nights.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL!! Saturday there was a car show downtown - which Nate was thrilled about - and honestly, I could have cared less - I was away from the house, enjoying the sunshine - holding hands with my hubby. What could be better? Oh yes, did I mention that even Nate has come to enjoy the little antique stores there as well? He would probably never admit it - so I will go ahead and do it for him. :) He got his car fix and I got my shopping fix. :)

We also had our maternity pictures taken with the always fabulous Jen Mosley -- love that lady! Thankfully, she did mostly belly shots and eliminated the need to show my swollen chipmunk cheeks and nose! :) If you know of any brides that want a super fun chick to take their wedding pics - she is your girl! Jen's Site.




We didn't take any pictures - except this one that Nate snapped with his phone. I sure hope that we get better at that when the life-ending child arrives. :)




Hope everyone else had an awesome weekend.

No comments: