Sunday, July 13, 2008

Home at Last!

Well...I am officially all moved in - and I am IN LOVE with my new little house. It's ADORABLE!! I haven't finished decorating completely - and some things may have to wait until I get my first paycheck - but who cares - I am where I want to be. :)

Nate and BJ came from Jacksonville Friday afternoon with the empty uhaul - and by 7pm - Josh and I had helped them stuff it full!! We had a quick dinner with Beka (our last trip to the Tallahassee Moe's as roommates) - it was almost sad! We went back home to finish packing and get ready to turn in early so we could rise and shine at 5:45 to get on the road....Only sleep didnt come easy for Beka and I. The boys slept no problem (even on the floor) but we were up until almost one, trying to wind down while snuggling and watching 27 dresses in her still furnished room. Around 2:45 I dozed off for about 15 minutes..only to wake right back up and lay there thinking about all the things I wanted to get done the next day. The last time I looked at the clock it was 4:48 and the alarm was set for 5:30....Hooray.

Oh well! After less than an hour of sleep ...we were on the road! Thank Goodness BJ drove ( not that I would have been able to sleep on the way to Jacksonville) - followed by Josh and Nate pulling the Uhaul! My family met us at my new house - and we had the entire trailor and both cars unloaded before 10. I am SOO thankful for the boys who helped - and my mom and sisters who helped me organize everything! (Well, should I say CANDACE and Mom who helped ;) ) Colette - I hope you enjoyed your 5 hour nap on my new couches!

I was so ready to go to bed around noon - but my bed wasn't put together yet- and there were so many boxes that I wouldn't have been able to find the sheets! :)
Sometime after 5:30 My family left, and Nate and I made a Target run to get a few things I needed before the next day. By the time we returned and had a quick chick-fil-a dinner to-go I was wiped out and completely delirious! After a much needed shower and about 15 minutes on the couch I was out like a light.

I slept like a dead person, for the first time in over two weeks and woke up completely refreshed and feeling AMAZING - just in time for church!
It was so wierd driving all by myself from the completely opposite side of town - but I loved getting on the expressway and actually putting the pedal to the medal!! Something I am totally not used to since I didnt EVER drive on the expressway in Tallahassee - or even over 45mph for that matter!

Anyway - I will update with pictures soon - because I am sure that you are tired of reading this already - and besides - I still have a few boxes left to unpack and organize! But first I think I will spend a few minutes enjoying my new couches and pillows before going back to church tonight with Nate- something I ALSO haven't been able to do in over two years. I think I will adjust to being back in Jacksonville just fine - especially since Nate is on the couch already. :)

1 comment:

candace michelle said...

your welcome for the closet organization job!! (even though i know it wont stay like that for very long!!! have fun at your house and if you need any company i am just accross town!!! :)