Friday, July 13, 2018

Thursday

Today Cate and I took the jogging stroller out for a little spin - something I have missed doing! Since the big kids were at VBS - we went and parked and I decided to take the scenic route to see how she did.  She seemed to really enjoy it - although, truthfully she didn't sleep well so she might have been too tired to fight it.  We tried the park afterwards - but she had zero interest in the swing - and I didn't realize how little core strength she has until I put her in it and she immediately slumped forward.  I pushed her a couple times - but she kept saying "up" reaching out for me and signing please.  It was just as well because it gave me time to shower before picking up Skylar and Wyatt - which is what she really wanted to do.  As soon as we got back in the car she pointed to the car seats and started babbling and saying "Wy-it" "Jie Jie".  I think it is really safe to say she loves her siblings. 


I finally got a good picture of Wyatt and Cate this morning - suprisingly when I looked back at the 10  or so that I snapped  - this was the first one.  Which makes sense because I told him - just look at me and smile for two seconds and then you can look at her.  HA!  That's exactly what happened.







Look at my cute little stair steps!  



Sweet girl has already learned what to do when she sees me hold up my phone in her direction "cheeeeeeessee".



Bedtime tonight was exhausting.  We actually tried giving her warm milk to calm her before bed - which I think she really enjoyed - and just as she was about to get to sleep - our bedroom door barged open - Wyatt was "coming to check on Cate" -- which completely messed her up.  (Lucky he is cute and really was upset he upset her.)  She cried and cried (and cried and cried) after that.  To say I was frustrated would probably be an understatement.  I am really struggling in the area of knowing whether I am being worked over (which my gut tells me I am - because she wants to sleep on top of me) or whether she really just needs extra patience at bedtime right now. We haven't been home very long at all and this is all so very very new - to all of us! Thankfully, Nate relieved me after a while - and she let him pick her up and hug her but immediately wanted to be put right back down in the bed beside ours and went right to sleep. (See, I think she has my number.)  Maybe next time Nate will do bedtime. 

This will be our first weekend (where we aren't completely sleep walking) as a family of five!  So excited!





No comments: