Monday, April 2, 2018

Halloween.

I feel like I should go ahead and prepare myself for making at least one homemade costume every year.  This year we strolled through the Target costume section - and apparently we were only there to get inspiration for the costumes that we could make ourselves at home.

A giraffe!  Skylar wanted to be a giraffe!!  Bless the person who created Pinterest.
We found some makeup ideas and ended up digging through all the animal print fabric at Joann's and almost had to settle for cheetah print - but we did not give up. We finally located actual giraffe pint - and bonus - it was fuzzy!  I sewed a little hem on the top and bottom - one piece of elastic, a leotard and sparkly pair of tights later - viola! One happy giraffe.




Wyatt for the months leading up to Halloween wanted to be a "thcary ghotht". [Scary Ghost]

I love Halloween and the costumes and the makeup and the creativity - I do not, however, love kids in "thcary cothtumeth".  It makes me crazy.  I mean, if you like it - you do you - but I am easily spooked - and in this case, the kid with the sleep issues was asking to be something he literally would have nightmares of.  (Uhhh, no. You already don't sleep. So, no.)  We compromised with a double sided ghost - one with a silly smile and one with a spooky "Oooooo fathe" - you know, because that's what ghosts look like.





We froze our tails off at trunk-or-treat and the kids ate enough candy to sink a ship, so I'd say it was a success!
 Happy Halloween!





No comments: