Thursday, April 12, 2012

5 MONTHS!

Dear Sweet Sky,

When I say the words "she is 5 months" -- I don't believe it - even though I know it is true! I must sound like a broken record in these letters to you, but it is so true -- I remember hearing other moms say "they grow so fast" but I never truly understood that until you!! It is so true!! Last year this time -- we didn't know about you yet -- and here you are 5 months old!

With everyday we fall more in love with you. Seriously, your daddy says to me almost daily "Carrie, I love that little girl so much, even more than yesterday!" And I know EXACTLY what he means! You are just a gem.

You personality is coming out more and more everyday -- and I'm pretty sure you are going to have more spunk that we know what to do with! You are definitely your own person -- and you KNOW what you want -- rarely do you give in -- I can tell I will have my hands full the older you get!

You are getting better about strangers -- but really, if I'm being honest -- I don't think it's a stranger thing as much as it is a mood thing -- if you want people to play with you - you are totally fine -- if you only want mommy or daddy - that is when you all the sudden develop the need to scream when someone else holds you! :0) Stinker. Although, I can't honestly say that I mind -- I know one day you will want to hang out with totally strangers over your parents - so I'll take all the time I can get being the favorite!

This month you changed so much! You are still growing like a weed! Still in size 2 diapers -- and starting to wear some 6 month clothes -- you are still all torso - long and skinny -- I do wish you would get some little rolls on those legs of yours though! :)

You had cereal for the first time -- and mixed with it you had bananas, apples, sweet potatoes and pears -- you loved it all!! The first time you had cereal (March 14) you barely kept any of it in your mouth -- and by the end of the month we can't get it in your mouth fast enough! You will open your mouth as big as you can - and if we don't get the spoon to you fast enough -- you stick your thumb in and start sucking it like your going to eat it right off your hand! Which brings me to the fact you have a new best friend -- that thumb of yours. You like both of them -- and can find them no matter what position you are in -- I am doing my best to keep them out of your mouth when you are awake and trying to distract you with toys -- but sometimes you want nothing but that thumb! :)

You had your second night away from home on March 9 - Daddy and I ran the River Run (9.3 miles). This was a goal I set for myself when I found out I would be having you -- Last year I ran it pregnant with you (I didn't know it yet) and decided it would be a way for me to try to get back into shape after having you -- while keeping the tradition going. Needless to say -- this year felt so much different than last year (could have been all your milk I was carrying around :) ) -- it was so difficult -- but I told myself that one day I could tell you -- "I didn't think I could -- but I did -- and you can do anything you try to do too!" If you ever have a sister (or brother, I suppose) I think I'll stick to committing to a 5k! :)

You had your first trip to the farmer's market this month. All the little spanish ladies LOOOVE you! It's so cute -- and you enjoyed it - probably becaue it's outside and you love being in the sun! We have gone almost every week since and you have even had some homemade baby food with fruits from the market! (Side Note -- Homemade bananas are so easy -- but we found out quickly that we will have a very - shall we say - "stopped up" baby if you eat them for a few days in a row -- THAT won't be happening again!)

You found your feet this month -- and once you found them not a day goes by that you dont play with them -- especially before bath -- and appear to be "talking" to them! It adorable!

You promoted out of the baby class at church into the next room up on March 25 - I can't believe it! You seem to really enjoy your classes -- especially if they let you play in an exersaucer -- we thought about getting one for the house but decided that it might loose its ability to keep you occupied at church! :0)

You turned 5 months old on Easter Sunday -- you looked adorable in your outfit (save that for another post)-- and you seemed to know that your easter basket was full of goodies for you -- as soon as I sat you down beside it you pulled the bunny ears and stuffed lamb right out and put them in your mouth! You should be a pro by your birthday! :)

I am so very thankful I am getting to watch you grow! Your Daddy and I pray every night for you to stay healthy and that you keep learning! We are so thankful to be your parents and can't wait to see what this next month holds! You are the best thing that has ever happened to us! We are so in love with you - never forget that!

Love,
Mommy


PS -- These pictures are getting more difficult to take because you would much rather play in your chair -- you even took a dive out of this chair head first -- good thing your mom was an awesome center fielder back in the day and caught you just in time! :)

No comments: