Saturday, October 16, 2010

100-Calorie-Cupcakes



So, It has been almost a year since I blogged - and I miss it....so I am attempting to start again and figured this was a good post to start with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to Bake, and thought these cupcakes might just be "The New Funfetti!"

100 Calorie Cupcakes (as seen on Biggest Loser)


http://www.examiner.com/weight-loss-in-national/curtis-stone-biggest-loser-raspberry-cupcake-recipe


I followed the cupcake recipe exactly.....

much to my dismay, they were really nothing to write home to mom about...
they are really light and fluffy - like a sponge cake - but half of the cupcake stuck to the wrapper (maybe try "pamming" your wrappers?) and the half I was able to eat lacked flavor and just tasted kinda funny all around.

THE ICING, however, was delish! (IF you like "texture"..Nate did not care for them at all...)
I didn't really follow the recipe (and I tried 2 different "spins") -- I added SPLENDA because it was really not sweet at all.....1 batch of icing makes more than enough icing for the 12 cupcakes that each recipe makes...but I saved the extra because it will be a great fruit dip with apples or bananas!

Strawberry Icing:
8 oz. fat free cream cheese
4 oz. regular cream cheese
1 -1 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
6 individual packets SPLENDA


Pineapple Icing:
8 oz. fat free cream cheese
1 cup fresh pineapple
3 packets SPLENDA

simply cream ingredients together

All in all, if you are really a sweet-a-holic like me, and trying to watch your weight, I would reccomend some fat-free sugar-free JELLO cheesecake pudding with fresh strawberrys....MUCH faster, less dishes to wash, and it just tastes better!

Happy Baking!

No comments: