Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bla Bla Bla

This might just be a bunch of random ramblings but here it goes...

I ordered three of the last fewthings for the wedding (sand vases, veil, cake topper) and here is the outcome. Caketopper - CHECK. It came in three days and is exactly what I wanted. Great start right?
Wrong. I get a letter from the veil company...I'm sorry - we no longer carry that veil in the color you wanted ( something in between white and ivory) you may order white or ivory.....boo..if I wanted white or ivory, I probably wouldnt be ordering a veil you goober. Oh well, its just one more thing to put back on my list of things to do that seems to keep getting longer instead of shorter.
THEN I am thrilled to see that the vases for the sand ceremony came in (right on time) only to find that three of the four things are cracked...(somehow this doesnt surprise me one bit because Nate says that at UPS if a package says "fragile" those are the ones they throw, drop on purpose, and play football with in the hub....maybe I shouldn't write that)...but none the less despite the neon orange :fragile - handle with care: sticker....they are cracked....THEN I go to make a phone call to the company's customer service center to see what my options are...only to find that the customer service number is fake...it tells you to email the company - they only coorospond via the internet....
wow...sketchy or what? I guess this is what I get for trying to save a few dollars by ordering online and price comparing for a month before purchasing. Way to go bargain hunter...you saved approximately $12 and gain another headache, you will wait 3 more weeks IF they will replace them and IF they will get here in time...oh well... :) What can you do.

Nate has been so great through everything...job, wedding plans, emotional breakdowns, mental exhaustion, trying to be an overachiever when there is barely time to achieve let alone OVERachieve....all the while, he is grinning, bearing it, telling me he loves me and it will all be okay...even when I am crying hysterically...no it will not...there's a crack in my vase and I hate my job and I didn't work out today and I have a migraine and I dont know when I have time to breathe and there are 700 things to do and blablablabla...it never ends...

But thankfully - its almost over and honeymoon is about to begin...maybe then I will get some relief...errr...relaxation from all these happenings :)

I have placed a picture of the cabin in TN where we will be staying for a week on both my home and work computer - to remind myself that if I can just make it to Jan 17th at 5:30 when the reception is over and I can breath, no longer worrying about who is happy with my plans - when I have a week away from work to clear my head - and when I can finally start my life long slumber party with the man who makes me smile even when it seems like nothing is going right....

If I can JUST make it until then...life may not always be easy, and it may not always be fun...but I will be RIGHT where I want to be...curled up away from everything but HIM for a whole week....sounds like bliss to me...

No comments: